|What should the Curriculum Review Process generate?
The process should generate, for each curricular area, a PK-12 scope and sequence, learning goals, and academic vocabulary with alignment to state and national content area standards that will guide instruction, growth, and decision-making.
Subsidiary benefits to the process include:
- Increased student achievement in content areas and over time
- Teachers becoming leaders in “best practice”
- In their curricular areas, and
- In their professional practice
- Increased accountability/ownership/empowerment for teachers and administrators
- Increased and ongoing support and collaboration
- Between professionals
- Between school and community
- Between parents, schools, and students
- Establishing a pathway to “good change”
- Establishing guidance in crafting professional development opportunities for staff
- Increased formal documentation
- Better and stronger communication
- Increased consistency in programming and decision-making
- Better guidance for resource allocation in terms of
Subsidiary benefits require no extra effort to accomplish, yet we will reap great rewards as a school district by accomplishing them.